List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Help needed
From:       p.stirnweiss_koffice () bluewin ! ch
Date:       2004-09-23 20:15:33

>-- Message original --
>From: David Faure <faure@kde.org>
>To: For developer's discussion about KOffice <koffice-devel@mail.kde.org>
>Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:40:36 +0200
>Subject: Re: Help needed
>

>On Thursday 23 September 2004 20:27, p.stirnweiss_koffice@bluewin.ch wrote:
>> Question (probably to David since you seem to be the expert on this one).
>> I understand to concept of inheriting from the koFontTabBase and adding
>the
>> additional argument on the child constructor. Now my problem : in the
base
>> widget, I define and use a KFontChooser (which is actually the only widget
>> in this tab). This widget needs the argument I need passing on the child
>> class. You probably see the problem now : how can I call in the koFontTabBase
>> a KFontChooser passing it an argument that will only be there in the
inherited
>> class? and if the solution is then to implement the KFontChooser in the
>inherited
>> class, what is the point since the KFontChooser is the only widget of
that
>> tab?
>
>Actually I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but the usual way would
be
>let uic instantiate the KFontChooser with the usual arguments (parent and
>name),
>and in your derived class you can m_fontChooser->setFooBar( args ).

What I am trying to do is create a class for each tab in what would be the
character style dialog and what is now the Font option dialog. One of the
tabs is the font selection tab which is made of the KFontChooser (see one
of my previous post, with screenshots). In this tab then I instanciate a
KFontChooser with the list of fonts determined by the method KFontChooser->getFontList(listFontCriteria).
This argument is passed to the constructor of the koFontTab. I only do this
font list selection because that was the behaviour before (now if this is
not necessary, all the best).
Now I could instanciate a KFontChooser with default arguments, then in the
derived class, get the font list from the getFontList method. Now if only
there was a KFontChooser->setFontList !! well I will probably have to implement
this first.

Pierre