List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: get active view
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2004-09-21 15:38:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 12:42:26PM +0200, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Here is what I like to do:
>
> You insert a new slide into kpresenter. At the moment all views go to the new
> slide. I would like to go to the new slide only on the view with the focus.
> The other view should stay on the slide which is currently selected.

Advocate of the devil:  "Why would you want that different behavior?".

I'm guessing that your answer would be that you don't want to jump from page 1
to page 15 if a page is inserted in another view.

But then the definition you are trying to implement is not entirely correct;
and much to hard to do anyway.
What I feel you should do is:
execute:
    insert slide after page 14
    loop over views:
        if viewing page 14, go to next slide

unexecute:
    loop over views
        if viewing page 15, go to previous slide
    remove slide 15

Naturally inserting 'before' means you repace all 'previous' with 'next' and visa
versa.

I think its wanted that if 2 views look at the same slide, the 'go to next' is
also shared.

> Also the view can be different if you undo the insert, select the other view
> and redo the command.

Which is no problem with the above solution.

--
Thomas Zander