List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: template chooser dialog
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2004-09-15 18:53:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 20:21, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 September 2004 18:07, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > I'm working on making Krita conform a bit better to the KOffice
> > standards, and I felt that template support belongs to that. Besides,
> > having templates for often-used image formats (1600x1200 RGBA, frex, or
> > webbanner sized images) is useful. For custom image types (e.g. 2000x2000
> > grayscale) we have a new image dialog that allows setting size, colour
> > model and background.
> >
> > However, it seems that it's an either-or situation. Either I offer
> > templates, but then the user cannot create a custom image format, or I
> > don't offer templates, and the user is shown the empty template dialog,
> > clicks okay, and gets to see the new image dialog. Is there a way to
> > extend the template dialog to offer custom settings to create new
> > documents?
>
> In KWord there is "File"/"Create template from document".

Well, that doesn't quite work for an image application, where you never can
be sure what format image you're going to need. To open Krita, create a
document from an existing template, add a new image according to specs, save
it as a template and create a new document from that template is a little
roundabout. What I need, I think, is a way to add a fourth tab to the chooser
dialog, create document from properties.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi