List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug #87536 for Kivio too?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-09-13 21:46:02

On Monday 13 September 2004 23:24, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 13 September 2004 23:06, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Could someone check if Kivio has bug #87536 too?
> >
> > Because here too
> > fgrep KAboutData *.c*
> > returns nothing (in koffice/kivio)
>
> $ grep -r AboutData .
> ./kiviopart/kivio_aboutdata.h:KAboutData * newKivioAboutData()
> ./kiviopart/kivio_aboutdata.h:    KAboutData * aboutData=new KAboutData(
> "kivio", I18N_NOOP("Kivio"), ./kiviopart/kivio_aboutdata.h:
>                           version, description, KAboutData::License_GPL,
> ./kiviopart/kivio_factory.cpp:KAboutData* KivioFactory::s_aboutData = 0;
> ./kiviopart/kivio_factory.cpp:KAboutData* KivioFactory::aboutData()
> ./kiviopart/kivio_factory.cpp:    s_aboutData = newKivioAboutData();
> ./kiviopart/kivio_factory.h:class KAboutData;
> ./kiviopart/kivio_factory.h:  static KAboutData* aboutData();
> ./kiviopart/kivio_factory.h:  static KAboutData* s_aboutData;
> ./kiviopart/main.cpp:  KCmdLineArgs::init( argc, argv, newKivioAboutData()
> );
>
> But I don't understand #87536 (its relation to KAboutData, specifically).

(Ok, sorry the "topsubdir" stuff was wrong. See below!)

The bug is that there is no special entries for the translator names.

The test is
grep KAboutData *.c*
and this in a top directory as far as I understand.

So from the log you are showing, Kivio fails as the sequence KAboutData is not
called in a *.c* file.

> > And of course please also check other applications not having code in
> > their "topsubdir". (Krita?)
>

> I suggest using grep -r :)

H'm looking again in admin/cvs.sh (line 578) it already uses it. But then why
it is not working?

(Perhaps the *.C* in the line should be replaced by *.h* as anyway using C as
extension is against one of the KDE policies in the meantime.)

Have a nice day!