List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Minutes of the akademy koffice meeting
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-08-28 14:08:14

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:53:16 +0200, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> wrote:

> I think I suggested to have a make-it-cool-branch for the huge changes in
> kspread to not release those changes in the KOffice version which supplies
> OASIS file-formats.
> The idea on my side was that the kspread developers would not be able to
> have a correctly running application in CVS HEAD for some time; if they
> are confident that kspread can be usable the whole time I would suggest to
> do the gradual improvements in such a way that the whole of KSpread can be
> considered bug-free (more or less) between each change.
> If the kspread developers feel that kspread will be unstable for quite some
> time I feel a make-it-cool branch would be a better way.

Well, in the weeks to come, we mostly plan to prepare for the big
stuff - split big files into separate classes and so... Hence, we'll
probably be able to keep KSpread stable for some time, but on the
other hand, there won't be many new features, if any. So, I'm unsure
here... Let's see what Ariya says ;)

/ Tomas