List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Character style ui : let me know what you think
From:       p.stirnweiss_koffice () bluewin ! ch
Date:       2004-08-27 19:26:35

>-- Message original --
>From: Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg@snafu.de>
>To: For developer's discussion about KOffice <koffice-devel@mail.kde.org>
>Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:16:44 +0200
>Subject: Re: Character style ui : let me know what you think
>

>On Friday 27 August 2004 21:12, David Faure wrote:
>> On Friday 27 August 2004 21:07, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
>> > Yes, but KDE 3.3 is out and KDE 3.4 is potentially after KOffice 1.4,
>if
>> > it would exist at all.
>>
>> KDE-3.4 is sure to exist now, this was decided yesterday. AFAICS the
>
>Ah, thank you! I did not see any report about KDE 3.4 yet.
>
>> release schedules are rather similar. We can surely wait for 3.4 to be
>out
>> before releasing koffice-1.4 - after all we can't start porting to Qt4
>> before kdelibs itself is ported, so we will still have some time after
>> kde-3.4 is out.
>
>Yes, but the "last stable kdelibs" will be KDE 3.3 for most of the time,
>so
>changing it only for KDE 3.4 brings problems nevertheless.

What we can do is bring a "local" (to koffice) copy of what the new kFontChooser
will be (ie: with the two possible constructors, or actually only the merged
version) and use this one until KDE is breaking binary compatibility for
Qt4, at which point in time we all will. When this happen, we merge our copy
of the kFontChooser into KDE and we use the then common one.

Pierre whose English is starting to collapse.