List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Minutes of the akademy koffice meeting
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2004-08-25 13:22:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 15:01, David Faure wrote:

> Note for Thomas Zander: see, the work starts right now. We have to come up
> with a schedule :)
> Hmm. Beta1 in December, beta2 in February, final in April?

Sounds good to me -- I feel that, barring disasters, Krita will be in a
releasable, stable state by then, with a reasonable set of features and
decent performance.

One area where I am a bit worried is general KOffice compliance: things like
embedding in other KOffice apps, OASIS file format, UI conformance. I've
simply not been able to find time to think about a standard way of saving
raster images -- I'm not even sure I understand Krita's current loading &
saving code.

As for the UI. there are things like the different dockers Krita, Kivio and
Karbon use, and the different tools toolbar Krita and Karbon show. But maybe
it's best to wait for Qt4 before trying to work out common widgets and
look-and-feel. We've got enough on our plate as it is.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi