List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread tasks
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-08-23 19:08:36

On Monday 23 August 2004 18:50, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > Personally, I'll currently focus on making KSpreadCell as light-weight
> > as possible, that should help a lot, then I'll see ... :)
>
> Another possible tasks:
>
> - Make so that hyperlink doesn't require Qt rich text. This fixes many
> problem with links (e.g. it doesn't zoom correctly).

Well, as KSpread suppose to use Qt/KoText in future, is this the right
direction to go?

> - Get rid of user input in KSpreadCell. AFAIK this is how Excel and
> Gnumeric do it. When a user wants to edit the cell, a string to be
> edited should be generated from the cell's content, be it a value or a
> formula. Also, text() and setText() should be renamed to userInput() and
> setUserInput() as well, to reduce ambiguity.

Yyes, especially that OASIS needs the untranslated version of the number or
formula (mainly meaning: with point as dicimal symbol.)

Also this perhaps open the door to translated formula functions (but probably
not for KOffice 1.4.)

> The latter could possibly take a few more bytes from KSpreadCell.
>
> Best regards,

Have a nice day!