List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread tasks
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-23 12:40:47

> I'll probably add some dependency-handling class, to put even more
> stuff out of KSpreadCell and also to save a LOT of memory - most cells
> have no dependencies, yet dependencies-related variables are in every
> instance as two QPtrList-s, and sizeof(QPtrList<>) = 32 ...

Just an idea, create a new DependencyManager class whose job is to
manage the dependencies and whose parent is KSpreadSheet, i.e
KSpreadSheet has new member DependencyManager *depManager.
This will take out the dependencies list from KSpreadCell (and hence
reduce its size, like what you said). Of course KSpreadCell can wrap
calls to its dependency-related functions to the depManager of its sheet.

> Mmm, how well does this new engine work? How are parameters handled?
> Is it done the "old way", where parser gives the function information
> about what it got, and function checks if it is what it wants? For
> IMHO it would be more logical if function informed the parser about
> parameter types, which would check validity ...

Currently, it is like the old way. I thought about giving information on
arguments of function but couldn't find a nice way to do so. Explore the
source-code and feel free to throw some proposals...

> Is this really needed? Personally, I find it more convenient to write
> dialogs by hand. But then, others' opinion may vary ;)

As being said many times before, UI file allows easier maintenance.

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat