List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Dialogs throughout KOffice
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-08-21 18:39:31

Normally .ui dialogs for KOffice are based on QWidget and then integrated in
code to KDialogBase (see for example koffice/filter/kword/html/export

Creating directly a QDialog with Qt Designer seems to create problems and so
is seldom used in KDE.

The only little trick with a QWidget-based .ui file is how to place a layout.
It must be on the top most object (the QWidget) and not as child. The problem
is that if a translation (for example German) needs larger dialogs than in
American English.

Have a nice day!