List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kofficeui/koPageLayoutDia
From:       p.stirnweiss_koffice () bluewin ! ch
Date:       2004-08-19 17:55:48

>-- Message original --
>From: Peter Simonsson <psn@linux.se>
>To: "For developer's discussion about KOffice" <koffice-devel@mail.kde.org>
>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:38:20 +0000
>Subject: Re: kofficeui/koPageLayoutDia
>

>On Thursday 19 August 2004 12:21, Thomas Zander wrote:
>> I'm not sure about the rest of your question, I'm cc-ing Peter since I'm
>> not sure he's subscribed.
>>
>I'm subscribed
>
>> On Thursday 19 August 2004 14:04, p.stirnweiss_koffice@bluewin.ch wrote:
>> > I am a bit lost. I did some changes on the koPageLayoutDia (used a dummy
>> > widget to solve the 2*KdeMargins hack). Then Peter Simonsson changed
>the
>> > code to get rid of the dummy widget (if Peter could explain me exactly
>> > what he did and how it works that would help me understand better
>> > koffice and Qt programming).
>What I did was the following:
>I initialized the internal layout of the QGroupBox with setColumnLayout(0,
>
>Qt::Vertical) and setMargin(KDialog::marginHint()) then I made the grid

>layout a child layout of that layout (QGroupBox::layout()).

Yes, this I understood. What I don't get is why you did this. Because when
you create a QGridLayout passing the QGroupBox for parent and adding widgets
in it, the title of the groupbox gets in the way (hence the former hack of
2*margins). What is the difference with what you did (is it the initialisation
that makes the difference....)?

Pierre