List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/kformula
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-15 18:51:17

On Thursday 15 July 2004 20:26, Laurent Montel wrote:
> Le Thursday 15 July 2004 20:23, David Faure a écrit :
> > On Thursday 15 July 2004 20:18, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > > CVS commit by mlaurent:
> > >
> > > Start to implement save in oasis format.
> > > I need some help to port it.
> > >
> > > I don't know kformula code, but I know a little oasis format,
> > > but I can't port alone this program.
> > >
> > > Format for kformula is very easy, there is not style, juste content.xml.
> >
> > Isn't it MathML?
>
> "<math:math xmlns:math="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">"
>
> it's right I think that it uses MathML
>
> > I thought kformula could already import/export to
> > MathML...
>
> There is a filter import export to MathML
> I will look at if it's the good format (I hope :))

Ah I remember now. KFormula uses MathML2, and OOo still uses MathML1,
but OASIS decided on "the latest MathML version". So if kformula's mathml
filter can import/export everything as MathML2, we're OK.

BTW someone from the OASIS group said: "There seem to be no
incompatbilites between MathML 1.1 and MathML 2, especially they both
use the same namespace."