List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Article about OOo/KOffice/OASIS database
From:       "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2004-07-15 17:46:19

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 19:21:29 PM +0200, Thomas Zander (zander@kde.org)
wrote:

> On Thursday 15 July 2004 18:44, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > The main thing I'm interested into is to figure out how complex the
> > problem is, and above all *if* there is in KOffice/OO.o the explicite
> > will to fully converge on this. If yes, that's what matters,
>
> Having been part of the KOffice crew for many years and having spoken to
> most co-developers in real life I am confident enough to tell you that all
> core developers have the goal that all KOffice applications either follow
> the OASIS format, or help to define new OASIS definitions for formats that
> are currently not standardized.

OK, I can take this as a "Yes, there is the explicite will", can't I?

> > and if it takes (just making up numbers!!!!) one year instead of
> > one day is not a real problem.
>
> Nobody can give a realistic estimate since soo many things are
> unknown.

Fair enough. My hope with the article is to be able to contribute
indirectly, by drawing some more programmers to help you guys on
this. This is why I'm asking all these questions. Any other tip,
comment, pointers to things to read or which parts of which code to
modify?

Thanks again,
		Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political
freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free
market are corollaries.	       -- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"