List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Hidden settings
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-12 10:35:31

On Sunday 11 July 2004 01:18, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I have a question: how many hidden settings exist in KOffice and where are
> there?
>
> By hidden, I mean settings not having any user interface, like the one in
> koffice/lib/kofficecore/koPictureBase.cc
>
> My goal is to document them on koffice.org.
>
> (I am not arguing if there should stay, get an UI or so... That is not my
> problem currently. I just want to know if at the end it will just be one page
> on koffice.org or if I have to make a bunch of them.)

I don't think there are many. This one looks like I added it just to be able
to answer a possible future bug report "resizing images is too slow" by
telling the user: put this value in that file and see if it's better.
(BTW this isn't about what happens _during_ a resize, only about what
happens when releasing the mouse and the image is going to be resized
for good). Up to now I haven't seen anyone ask for this so I'm not sure it's
useful at all, people obviously want the good-quality-resize to happen...
Not worth spending any time on it imho.