List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Can't compile krita
From:       Adrian Page <adrian () pagenet ! plus ! com>
Date:       2004-07-08 13:59:10

On Thursday 08 July 2004 1:08 pm, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 08 July 2004 14:04, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 July 2004 14:02, David Faure wrote:
> > > C++ can only do one implicit conversion, not two in a row.
> > > You might want to help the compiler by explicitly casting from the
> > > shared-pointer-wrapper to the pointer type itself, before the cast to
> > > the parent class.
> >
> > But why does it compile without problems for me?
>
> I'll ask Adrian Page -- he wrote those lines, and can probably fix them.

Those lines were actually written by Piotr Szymanski <djurban@pld-dc.org> as a
patch to make it compile with gcc 3.4. I committed it on his behalf. I have
gcc 3.3.3.

I have just committed a change that will hopefully work with 3.3.1 onwards:

 const KisLayerSP KisImage::activeLayer() const
 {
-       return m_selection ? static_cast<KisLayerSP>(m_selection) :
m_activeLayer;
+       return m_selection ?
static_cast<KisLayerSP>(static_cast<KisFloatingSelection *>(m_selection)) :
m_activeLayer;
 }