List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kpresenter patch page effects
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2004-05-18 11:45:30

Hello all,

after the rework of the object effects I went on cleaning up the page effects.
The old page effects has the problem that they can not be cancelled and are
way to fast as bug #67478 describes.

Things done in the patch:
o Ported effects to work event based, so that its gets possible to cancel the
page effects (you no longer have to wait until they are finished to go on,
this was no problem before as the effects were so fast that they were hardly
noticeable : -) )
o speedup of the effects as only a copy of the screen is made when really
necessary.
o only paint the parts of the screen which have changed since the last step.

Thinks which are still missing
o Not all effects have be ported up to now 4-5 are missing
o I have not updated the preview, it still uses the old effects
o Documentation still missing

If no one objects I would like to commit tomorrow as I'm going on vacation
soon and I like to have it in cvs before than. I'll do finish my work when
I'm back from Italy. So if you find a problem just send me a mail.

Have a nice day.

Thorsten

["pageeffects.diff.gz" (application/x-gzip)]