List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: problems with *.sxw files
From:       Robert Glowczynski <robertg () aurox ! org>
Date:       2004-04-29 16:05:46

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:43:37 +0200
David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 29 April 2004 17:32, Robert Glowczynski wrote:
> > I have checked that in the first assert left=0.0 and right=0.0.
> >
> > Seems that problems are due to OOo Writer filter not generating the
> > PAPER section in converted document.
> Hmm, are you sure it's not rather the fact that the page width and
> height are set to 0?

The only change made by hand to get it open was adding PAPER node
from default A4 document created by KWord (create new A4 doc, type a few
chas, save). And I could not open even trivial (create new, type a few
chars, save) OOo documents in KWord.

> > KWord fails while opening the
> > native file generated in /tmp by the filter. When I found the
> > generated file and modified it by hand (adding PAPER section copied
> > from a simple KWord document to  maindoc.xml), it is opened without
> > problems. Opening original native document generated by the filter
> > fails.
> >
> > Has this been fixed in CVS? Any idea how to fix it?
>
> It's fixed in KOFFICE_1_3_BRANCH indeed (it's really time to get 1.3.1
> out!! Lukas?)
>
> The problem was the change in QString's behavior in Qt-3.3.0.
> You can get Qt 3.3.1 to have a working QString conversion again,

I used qt 3.3.1 to compile and run koffice (and kde 3.2.1).
However Polish locale pl_PL is used on the workstation (not the machine
where applications were compiled) and OOo documents were created with
language set to Polish. Do you thing it could influence work of
the filter? Did qt 3.3.2 change anything?

> or you can get koffice from CVS to get many more bugfixes in addition.
>
> Please try if koffice from the branch works indeed (you need to get in
> particular the fix to koffice/lib/kofficecore/koUnit.cc, the unit
> parsing is done there). If not, please send me such a .sxw file.

I will try CVS, if KOFFICE_1_3_BRANCH is relatively stable now.

Thanks for quick reply.

Robert