List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: problems with *.sxw files
From:       Robert Glowczynski <robertg () aurox ! org>
Date:       2004-04-29 15:32:46

Hi,
while opening OpenOffice.org Writer file (*.sxw, tested with simple
files saved by both OOo 1.0.3 and 1.1), following warnings are displayed
on stderr (as posted by Jaroslav Gorny):

ASSERT: "left < right" in kwframelayout.cc (118)
ASSERT: "bottom > top" in kwframelayout.cc (492)
ASSERT: "frameNum == mainTextFrameSet->getNumFrames()-1" in
kwframelayout.cc (521)
ASSERT: "frm" in kwframe.cc (632) (many times)

I have checked that in the first assert left=0.0 and right=0.0.

Seems that problems are due to OOo Writer filter not generating the
PAPER section in converted document. KWord fails while opening the
native file generated in /tmp by the filter. When I found the generated
file and modified it by hand (adding PAPER section copied from a simple
KWord document to  maindoc.xml), it is opened without problems.
Opening original native document generated by the filter fails.

Has this been fixed in CVS? Any idea how to fix it?
Looks like OoWriterImport::writePageLayout in
koffice-1.3/filters/kword/oowriter/oowriterimport.cc is supposed
to write PAPER element. Why it is not written?

Thanks for your help
Robert