List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ispellchecking
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-04-25 18:30:52

On Sunday 25 April 2004 19:09, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 25 April 2004 18:36, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > I do not know what exact bug you try to fix
>
> Me neither :) I mean, all of them :)
>
> > For British English, for example, it accepts "color" and "nite". (However
> > I get the feeling that the dialogs tries to be shown.)
>
> It accepts color, yes, that seems to be ispell's behavior, not my bug.
> American English refuses "colour", so the config works, it's just that
> the Brits are more tolerant apparently.
>
> I can't reproduce what you say about "nite" - it's both red-underlined and
> shows up in the normal spellchecking dialog too.

I have checked Ispell at command line level. I have made a file named test.txt
with the content:
colour color night nite

ispell -d british test.txt
finds that "color" is wrong (but curiously accept "nite")

ispell -d american test.txt
finds that "colour" is wrong

ispell -d en test.txt
tells "Can't open /usr/lib/ispell/en.hash"

So from what I can see, KWord should protest in one form or another but not
leave the text as correct. (Or there is something that I have not
understood.)

The ispell hashes of my system (some are symlinks)
/usr/lib/ispell/american.hash
/usr/lib/ispell/americanmed.hash
/usr/lib/ispell/americanxlg.hash
/usr/lib/ispell/british.hash