List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Faster saving - new data
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2004-04-16 23:42:40

> > So you would like to use this class as purely internal?
> >
> > My idea was to make it a real public API for XML output, something like
> > KoXMLWriter or KXMLWriter. But for this the class should be implement
all
> > features of say XML 1.1.
> > It is still possible to define "official" XML access APIs, beyond DOM
and
> > SAX, you know.

> Hmm; the first objective was to solve a problem; not to create new
> standards...  There are already enough XML writers out there.

David's solution is fine for a second draft, no question.
The real question is if a XML writer API could be established as an
additional standard for XML access, like e.g. the
XML pull API for XML parsing.
But I agree that the available information about requirements is
insufficient, and that my proposals (think namespaces) add unnecessary
bloat while not helping (if the major other Office application cannot handle
dynamic namespaces, there is no reason to add this feature to the writer)

So there are no real changes additionally to the already added support for
doctypes needed.

Regards
Dirk