List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Faster saving - new data
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-16 17:14:28

On Friday 16 April 2004 11:41, dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de wrote:
> And what about namespaces? I think in the OpenOffice file format they are
> used. You could work around that, like
>
> writer.beginTag ("xs:paragraph"),
>
> but I don't really like this idea.

Why? The current code for reading OASIS xml works just like that
koOasisStyles.cc:    if ( tagName == "style:style"
koOasisStyles.cc:    } else if ( tagName == "style:default-style" ) {
etc.

What's wrong with startElement("style:default-style")?

We don't really have the liberty to rename the prefix for a given
namespace anyway (it would break loading everywhere). The OO/OASIS
spec *does* specify the prefix (like "style:"), not only the namespace
(the url-like string that "style:" is associated to). So "hardcoding" the prefix
is correct.

PS: KoXmlWriter is in koffice/lib/store now, with a unit test program.