List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: copyright messages
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-01 4:04:34

Hi

--- David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:

> AFAIK the GNU people say that trivial changes don't
> give rights to
> become copyright holder.
> So people fixing one typo, changing whitespace, or
> adding one #include,
> don't need to be added. Those actually changing
> code, and more than
> one or two line, should be added.
> The line isn't very precise of course, but I think a
> little bit of common sense
> should be enough :)

Well common sense is then what I shall (continue to)
use.

In fact I have a little file with developers names and
e-mail adresses. I go through WEBCVS where I can see
very easily what sort of commits have been made bt
whom and when. I also look at the comments in case the
commits have been made on behalf of someone else.

When there is no doubt I copy paste from my list. When
there is any doubt (judging from the comment or when I
see an unknown name) I use colored diff on the commit
or the latest 'annotate" version to see the extend of
the changes over time.

But I would like to renew my request for you all to
pay sufficient attention to the copyright part when
you make any changes. Please update this too so that
it reflects the change in copyright. And not only the
name but also the year. I only want to do this once :)

Thanks

Marc