List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    copyright messages
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-03-31 10:55:22

Hello,

I'm back again fixing copyright messages in KSpread =
changing whatever is there, especially the (C) The
KSpread Team, with the individual developers names,
the correct dates and mail addresses.

>From browsing the CVS I gather that the other modules
need fixing too (perhaps not all of them, I've only
looked at a couple of files). After KSpread I will
make a start with the rest,  if that's ok with you.

I base myself on the original copyright + the commits
(from WebCVS) with sufficient attention for commits
made by some people on behalf of others. I don't
include changes such as spelling mistakes, i18n
compliance, adding includes that reflect
reorganisation of source code, etc. Is that OK?

Also I would like to ask every developer to modify the
copyright message when he/she changes the source. This
to be sure that from now on we will remain up to date.
So to be clear : I would like you to update the
copyright messages if you mak a change, even when the
rest hasn't been corrected by me. The following cases
are possible :

1. You make a change and your name is already in the
list of copyright holders : check if the years are
still ok, add 2004 if necessary. Check your e-mail
address.

2. You have made a change and your name is not yet on
the list : add (C) 2004 your name <your e-mail>

3. You have made no changes, but you have in the past
and/or you see that the (C) message needs updating :
please update the info of which you are certain.

Is this OK for everyone? Do you have suggestions to
make? Pls feel free to comment.

Regards

Marc