List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: planning 1.3.1
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-03-27 18:58:15

On Saturday 27 March 2004 18:48, Marc Heyvaert wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> --- Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg@snafu.de> wrote:
(...)

> > > (Kpresenter)"...(positive intro)...This said it is
> > > difficult to exchange data with other programs.
> > > ...supports ony SVG and is thus incapable of
> >
> > imorting
> >
> > > files directly from other presentation programs.
> >
> > At
> >
> > > least you can export files to OO Impress format
> > > without any trouble."
> >
> > That is the part that I would like that someone
> > explains it to me.
> >
> > As far as I know, KPresenter has an import filter
> > for OOImpress. And it has 4
> > stars in the filter status page.
> >
> > So how does this fit together with the critic?
>
> Well, after reading this article, and in view of my
> intention to do something about KOffice documentation,
> I intend to get to know *all* the KOffice
> applications. I will try to test filters in the coming
> weeks. Altough the star system tells us something,
> perhaps some more detailed info about what works and
> what doesn't, could help novice or potential users.

Additional info exist only for KWord, because the former KWord document writer
wanted short descriptions of what the filters could do. (That is why the PDF
import filter has not any.)

At the same time, we had started the idea of the feature list (like for the
HTML filters (or the version of the status.html file of the Wordperfect
filter.))

Lack of manpower has made that this effort to go away to the old form of the
in-source status.html files has ended nowhere. (Now these status.html files
are mostly outdated.)

> Marc

Have a nice day!