List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Supporting koffice
From:       "Sauls Law Assistant" <saulslawassistant () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2004-03-24 0:02:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have been studying Linux for a couple of years and would like to get
involved in contributing to this project.  I have attached my resume to
suggest why I think I might help with editing documentation, but I also
imagine that someone needs to develop a pleading paper format and other
legal templates that might encourage the acceptance of this software
(and of Linux) in the legal professions.

My problem is that I can't even afford an internet hookup, given recent
employment prospects.  I installed a SUSE Professional version of Linux
on an old Pentium II computer a couple of years ago, and I have been
exploring different ways of programming.  I loathe and despise Microsoft
products, especially Microsoft Word, which I am becoming increasingly
proficient at, especially now that I have to deal with corporate,
probate, and estate planning documents for this client.

I see that a new version of KWord has been released last January.  I
have looked at the older version of it that I downloaded from the SUSE
distribution a couple of years ago, and I think I really need to
understand this Frame concept which seems to inform the design of this
software.  I therefore imagine that I could volunteer my time in a
mutually profitable way by reviewing whatever documentation is available
for the latest version of KWord and meanwhile, offering grammatical or
rhetorical suggestions to improve its coherence and readability.  I have
studied French, Latin, and Spanish and might also apply some upper-level
knowledge of General Linguistics (especially Transformational Grammar)
to editing such documentation in the context of studying it.  Do you
think I would need an updated version of the program itself?  If so, I
might arrange for a friend to burn a CD .  Please advise me whether you
think I can make a contribution and the easiest way to communicate this
information.  Away from work (where the internet seems to have untold
Windows XP filters monitoring everything) I can also be reached at
bbmincks@netscape.net. Net.   Thanks for your attention.  Best of luck
to you all.

To respond to this e-mail, please contact:

Bruce Mincks

Assistant to William H. Sauls

427 "C" Street, Suite 416

San Diego, California  92101