List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OASIS file format for Krita
From:       dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de
Date:       2004-03-22 10:12:38

>> I would like to see an image editor which can handle QImages instead of
>> QPixmaps (or to put it another way, which supports true alpha channel
>> instead of just masks)
> Hence Krita :) which is even tile-based and has layers and colour models.
>
> I'd like to see a really powerful paint app for KDE and once it's more
> mature,
> Krita will be a good solution for sophisticated image tasks.

The question was if Krita would rather be seen as a stanalone app, too.
IMHO it has a GUI too complex to be used as a "component", say a clipart
in a KWord document.
Then again, I would also like to see shared bitmap editing and vector
editing without being constrained to "application level" components.
Say a vector editor framework which can be used internally by KPresenter
and Karbon, and mybe Kivio,
and an basic image editing framework which could be used by e.g. Karbon.
This basic framework could work like e.g. the stuff in OpenOffice - simple
tools, simple filters, simple pixel based.
A tile based image editor is overkill if all I want to to is to put a
200x200 pixel black-and-white clipart in a KWord document...

Regards
Dirk