List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    newbie question about shell scripts
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-03-19 19:37:37

Hello,

And now for something different.

I have installed KOffice in a special directory with
its own copy of Qt, arts and kdelibs to run for
development purposes.

In order to avoid typing in all the export commands I
thought that making a script was going to be a
solution (valid in the open console only). So I made
one starting with

#!/bin/sh

export QTDIR=...
etc

I saved and set the file to executable (via
Konqueror). When I type the shell name into a konsole
the prompt returns without error message, but nothing
seems to have been done, no variables are set.

I don't have any experience with shells

What am I doing wrong?

Marc