List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    [RFC] Future of remaining Kontour filters
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-03-18 20:06:02

As the Mac patch has a part for the remaining Kontour filters and as today the
KoCrypt filters were removed, i think that it is a good day to discuss about
the remaining Kontour filters.

 There are 3 filters:
- xfig import
- rtf export
- latex export

There were left in KOffice CVS HEAD to be ported to Karbon filters, which has
not be done until today.

In my opinion, the status of the RTF export filter is the clearest. As it is
an export filter, it cannot be used with Karbon and it has also some of the
problems of the old KWord RTF export, from which this filter was split. So I
suppose that it should be removed.

The least clear is the xfig import, as depending on Karbon's Kontour import
filter, it could perhaps still used.

So your input please...

Have a nice day!