List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kpresenter patch
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-03-18 8:06:00

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 07:55, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> here is another patch for kpresenter. I cleaned up the part which is used for
> painting in the canvas.
> I divided the method used for drawing in two different methods. Now one is
> responsible for the edit mode and the other is used in presentation mode and
> printing. The functions also no longer use the member variables to decide
> what to draw, which makes the use of the methods easier e.g. printing no
> longer uses variables also used in presentation.

Very cool.

Just a few comments from reading the patch:

+    // returns the actual step of the presetation
typo

+     * class for keeping a presntation step
another variant of the typo :)

+    // step actual step of the presentation
Did you mean e.g. "information about current step of the presentation"?

+ PresStep step( m_step.m_pageNumber, m_step.m_step, m_step.m_subStep, false, true && !goingBack );
The "true &&" can be removed :)

+    QValueList<int> pageEffectSteps;
+    // List of the slides used in the presentation
+    QValueList<int> presentationSlides;
+    // Iterator over the slides of a presentation
+    QValueList<int>::Iterator presentationSlidesIterator;
Too bad you didn't use the opportunity of renaming them for prepending m_ as well :)

Given that you removed the use of the inEffect bool (right?) I think you can
remove that bool completely?

> Should I backport the part which fixes the crash (only 2 lines)?

Sure.

Many thanks.
David.