List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: developers documentation
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-02-25 20:46:38

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 21:14, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> here is a first draft of the KOffice "cookbook", just let me know what you
> think about it. It's the result of the last two hours.

A few comments after the first glance:
- You are writing QT, but it should better be spelled Qt (with a lower case t)
(QT is Apple's QuickTime.)
- For the mailing lists, better direct the reader directly to
http://www.kde.org/mailinglists
- For the cvs diff example, better use:
cvs diff -u -p > ~/my_patch_for_KOffice.diff
(About -u: a patch not in "united diff" format and not even in "context"
format have a high chance to be dropped as not any developer would be able to
apply them again if the code has changed. The -p is nice for review as it
gives the function in which the patch is. As for .diff or .patch as
extension, I am not really sure. (Technically it is however a diff.))

Later...
Reading
http://www.koffice.org/developer/generalinfo/sendingpatches.php
reminds me that posters should not post big patches to the lists.

> The next chapters will be:
>
> * KOffice in general
>
> * KSpread, KWord, Krita,.............
>

> Regards,