List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kpresenter patch
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2004-02-17 7:22:09

On Monday 16 February 2004 16:19, Percy Leonhardt wrote:
> Hi Thorsten!
>
> > These functions are not used in the class itself, but by other objects.
> > Until now kppieobject didn't implement these functions, so the one from
> > the base class where used, which resultet in errors when alinging arc,
> > pie or chord.
>
> Ah okay, my fault. You see, my knowledge of KPresenter internals isn't that
> good. I applied your patch and tested the resizing of rotated arcs and not
> the aligning. It seems that resizing a rotated arc is also broken. But
> that's another thing...

This is not only for rotated pie objects, but for all resizing off all rotated
objects. I have a look at it.

> > Which part of the algorithem was hard to understand, maybe I can explain
> > it a little bit more detailed.
>
> Hehe, mathematics wasn't something I liked in school and even now that I
> work as a programmer I try to avoid such things. ;-)
>
> But if you could describe the alignment problems without your patch a
> little further, I will try to reproduce them and then compare to the
> version with your patch applied.

To see the problem:
- create a pie object angle 45° length 90° height 100 width 50
- align (left, right or top) object to an rectangle
- the corners of the pie are not on the edge of the rectangle.

Rotating makes the problems worse.

Hope this helps to reproduce the problem.

Have a nice day

Thorsten