List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RFC: tab bar to kofficeui
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-27 9:03:55

I have reworked the tab bar used in KSpread (check
kspread/kspread_tabbar.[h,cc]).  Beside faster (and with less
flickering), the new tabbar supports reversed layout, should be
interesting for better RTL support. The API is now (hopefully) cleaner
and better documented.

I have the idea of moving it to lib/kofficeui (renamed to KoTabBar) so
that Kivio can also share the code, instead of roll-out its own tab bar
implementation like the current situation.

This however requires some changes in Kivio code. So, Peter, if you
don't mind that I'll do the changes (step by step), or alternatively
I'll try to create a moderate patch for that.

I don't know if there's plan for KPresenter to use a tab bar. This seems
strange, but OpenOffice.org Impress has tab bar.

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat
http://ariya.pandu.org