List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: The GIMP 2.0
From:       dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de
Date:       2004-01-14 15:27:43

> Musing on my last email on layers perhaps a kparts idea not for a square
> on
> screen but for layers?
> So your tools and edit menu change when you select another layer...
>
> Tell me if I'm smoking pot here :)

I think the following things would be needed (not sure about their priority)
- use of parts in a layer
- use of parts on multiple pages (pagination)
- the rendering model has an implicit graphical state - this would allow
that parts can be rendered say scaled 25 percent, or rotated 30 degrees.
- the rendering model alows for alpha channel, i.e. parts which are
rendered semi-transparent.
- a part has the functionality of "renderToPath" and "renderToImage"
without loosing its internal state. I.e you may render a text block to a
path set, for rendering / filling it or applying patterns / gradients to
the path, while still be able to edit the text content.

Regards
Dirk