List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Krita features
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () calcifer ! valdyas ! org>
Date:       2004-01-14 14:24:23

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de wrote:

> The problem I see is that your engine is both foreign (as in not known to
> e.g. a Qt developer) and over exposed (e.g. KisPainter provides access to
> the tiles, which IMHO are an implementation detail)

It does? Are you really sure?

> If you want to implement tools in your application which need access to
> the lower details (say, more than 4 colour components), fine, provide
> subclasses which expose these features. But make your base classes
> compatible to the common API (QPainter, QPaintDevice), so that the tools
> may be ported.

On the other hand, interfaces are designed for a purpose, and QPainter
isn't designed for the purpose of allowing full featured paint applications,
and it would be quite hard to, for instance, shoe-horn real patterns into
QBrush's.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi