List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: The GIMP 2.0
From:       dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de
Date:       2004-01-14 9:11:39

>>>From what I read in the core (gimp-devel 1.2), in the core RGB(A),
>> grayscale and 8 bit indexed is supported. This can all be rendered in
>> RGB(A).
>
>> Other colour models like CMYK are more complicated, because the
>> conversion
>> between CMYK and RGB is not quite simple.
>
> The conversion (for printing) is straightforward arithmetic to get CMY,
> then you get K
> which is MIN(C,M,Y) which is subtracted from all three.  But this just
> renders that
> additive color model.

I had the impression that the whole problem what that RGB <-> CMYK
conversion was not so straight forward than I thought.
I think the whole conversion algorithm contains some linear factors
(like K = 0.1C + .098M+.965Y or somesuch) instead of a pure minimum value.

But I don't have the exact formula handy, sorry.

Regards
Dirk