List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice api documentation
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-12-23 11:23:04

Hello

Yes and no,

I understand your point and that of Thomas too, not
all comments are suitable for the api documentation,
but :
1. The documentation serves 2 purposes IMHO : to make
the whole api visible (which is not the case now) and
to make the 'relevant' comments visible (which isn't
the case either, because some very important comments,
like e.g. the different types of 'flags' are in the
source code, but not in the docs.

2.I'm obliged now to shuttle back and forth between
the fully referenced docs, the web-based source
reference and the source files. Not very efficient
when you try to understand the code :-)

So I think I will try to put my own docs together with
doxygen, just to get to know the package a littel
better, because what you said about the EXTRACT_ALL
parameter not solving the problem is a bit puzzeling.

Also, am I right to suppose that only the stuff in the
header-files is used by doxygen? If this is so the
solution could be to put all 'important' comments in
the .h files and all the other 'developer' stuff in
the .cc files. Still a lot of work though. I'm willing
to help, but I still haven't foud a way to get this
CVS working :-(

Marc