List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice api documentation
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-23 10:39:50

The documentation standards using /** docs */ are prefererred as there are
comments I'd like to keep out of a public API.

I suggest to fix the comments in kspread to make this work the way you expect.
Adding @link, @see tags (this is a javadoc standard; but I guess doxygen also
uses it) would also be really nice.

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:15, Marc Heyvaert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I may have mentioned this before...
>
> It is relatively quiet at work for the moment, so I'm
> trying to do something useful like browsing in some
> kspread code :-)
>
> On the KOffice webpage there is a link to the online
> koffice api. Unfortunately this documentation is not
> complete and this has to do (I think) with the way
> doxygen processes the sourcefiles.
>
> It comes down to this...If you precede some identifier
> with some documentation, delimited in a 'special' way
> (e.g. /** or /*! or three successive lines of //,
> etc.) it will be part of the docs, otherwise not.
> Because not everyone follows this strictly, there are
> some very important classes, memberfunctions, etc that
> go undocumented.
>
> Now I understand that it can be usefull to leave some
> unimportant bits undocumented in such a tool to keep
> thingsclear and consistent, but in this case it is
> totally at random. So I suggest documenting everything
> using a parameter in doxygen. I quote the manual :
>
> BEGIN QUOTE
> If the EXTRACT_ALL option is set to NO in the
> configuration file (the default), then doxygen will
> only generate documentation for documented members,
> files, classes and namespaces.
> END QUOTE
>
> So it seems to me that if EXTRACT_ALL were to be set
> to YES all would be ok.
>
> Can somebody look into this pls? And/or give some
> feedback
>
> Regards
>
> Marc

- --