List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Replacing Toolbar Icons in KOffice
From:       Ben Lamb <ben () zurgy ! org>
Date:       2003-12-07 19:18:08

Hi Sashmit,

> Your site only seems to work if you add a "/" to the end.

Hmm, works for me with Konqueror 3.2 and Mozilla 1.4. Haven't tested with
IE ;-).

> Looks like quite an improvement howevre. At first, I wasn't thrilled at the
> yellowness of the B/i/U icons, but on second thought, they are quite
> frequently used icons, and having them stand out probably adds to their
> effectivness.

I'm still not sure about the yellow, I need to use KOffice for an extended
period to find out whether it's too distracting. IMHO the old icons looked a
bit dated, hopefully changing some will inspire someone to revamp the whole
lot :-).

> Also, looking at the various koffice applications cascaded like that, there
> seems to be quite a bit of inconsistancy (besides in the file toolbar) of
> where the toolbar locations and such are. Are your settings default?

These are the default settings. Maybe we can fix this for 1.4.

> Look for example, at how the Zoom combobox looks and where it appears in
> each of the apps, where the font combobox appears between
> Kword/Kspread/Kpresenter, and even the order of the seperate toolbars.

Wow, good example! I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Famous last
words :-).

Ben.