On Saturday 29 November 2003 10:33, Thomas Zander wrote: > Does that also fix the problem then when I have a .csv in my dir kspread > opens a dialog asking me the table formatting? Very annoying when browsing > a dir. Yes. Is there a bug number? > > I think there are a couple of problems here, I doubt the buggy filters are > to be blamed. > 1) konqueror should do some load managing of thumbnail generation; I have > seen postscrip thumbnail generation cause the same problems. > 2) when a file fails to generate, for any reason at all, konq should > register that and not retry the next time you enter the folder. Yes, I think that this is the biggest problem. Has anybody reported it to KDE Bugs yet? > 3) filters should by default be started in an environment that has no X > connection so popups and dialogs _can_ not appear. Well, we had planned a batch mode for the filters. It is one of the things that nobody had the time to do for KOffice 1.3. :-( > > > Disabling the .desktop file seems like a good idea; but it does not really > solve the problem, it works around it. Yes too, unfortunately. > > David; I hope that if you think the above is new and worthy for the > konqueror hackers that you can forward it to them :) Have a nice day! > > On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 09:31:42PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote: > > On Friday 28 November 2003 12:48, Nicolas Goutte wrote: > > > To work around bug#55657 (and its duplicate #59377), I propose to > > > remove the file koffice/tools/thumbnail/otherofficethumbnail.desktop > > > > Bug 61885 will be fixed too. > > > > > The main problem of the "other office" thumbnails is that it is based > > > on the filters. As our filters are far from bug-free, the problems of > > > the filters are given here very raw, without having any chance not to > > > do it. (When you know that a file crashes a filter, you do not load it, > > > but the thumbnail will still be created. :-( ) _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel