List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Removing "other office" thumbnails
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () microweb ! nl>
Date:       2003-11-29 9:33:41

Does that also fix the problem then when I have a .csv in my dir kspread opens a
dialog asking me the table formatting?  Very annoying when browsing a dir.

I think there are a couple of problems here, I doubt the buggy filters are to be
blamed.
1) konqueror should do some load managing of thumbnail generation; I have seen
postscrip thumbnail generation cause the same problems.
2) when a file fails to generate, for any reason at all, konq should register
that and not retry the next time you enter the folder.
3) filters should by default be started in an environment that has no X connection
so popups and dialogs _can_ not appear.

Disabling the .desktop file seems like a good idea; but it does not really solve
the problem, it works around it.

David; I hope that if you think the above is new and worthy for the konqueror
hackers that you can forward it to them :)

--
Thomas Zander