List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kexi & KDE 3.1.4
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-11-14 23:26:43

In the meantime, I have change the configure in Kexi to work again with KDE
3.1.x without having to download anything from the www.kexi-project.org page.

I have added a configure.in.bot to show at the end of configure that Kexi will
not be compiled and where to download the missing library.

I still think that this is not the best solution but as we are now on a
weekend, it is important that KOffice CVS HEAD compiles easily on KDE 3.1.x.

Have a nice day!

PS.: as I was modifying koffice/kexi/configure.in.in, I have made also a
portability change with the string test by using = (POSIX) instead of ==
(which already does not work with the /usr/bin/test that is on my system, it
only works in Bash.)

On Friday 14 November 2003 22:51, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Kexi seems to want a recent kdelibs including for KDE 3.1.x (or it will
> abort at configure time.)
>
> However, as there will never be a KDE 3.1.5 (as far as I know), it means
> that again KOffice does not build with the last stable release of KDE.
>
> In my opinion, it would be much better if Kexi would do one of those:
> - be disabled if the compatibility library is not found
> - define the compatibility library in KOffice (even if only for KDE 3.1.x.)
> - completely disabled for KDE 3.1.x (as in February/March 2004, KDE 3.2.x
> should be already out.)
> - have a work-around for KDE 3.1.x (I do not know if it is possible.)
>
> Have a nice day!
(...)