List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Merging KWord and KPresenter
From:       "Michael Fair" <michael () daclubhouse ! net>
Date:       2003-10-15 16:42:52

Thanks again Nicolas,

That was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
It's good to know that I'm at least seeing the same
things you guys are even if I can't quite code them
as proficiently yet.

For the record, I do see KOffice as being the only Open
Source Office suite that is truly poised to offer a totally
integrated experience to the end user.

There are so many innovative, and fundamentally disruptive
things I see KOffice capable of, that truly transform the
end user's experience of what an Office suite can do for
them, that it's hard for me to keep silent.  The epiphanies
and vision I had for what is possible with KOffice go so far
beyond what the other products I've seen are even capable of
that I am absolutely compelled to get involved to help
work on them.

Due to the risk of being portrayed as just another guy
with a bunch of ideas and no code, and that I feel I've
twisted dfaure's ear enough recently, I'm not going to
take up discussion time bringing them up now.  I'm going
to spend my time just fixing bugs till I'm at least
competent at finding and fixing them myself and can begin
the groundwork myself.  However, please, anyone with even
just a passing interest in hearing some of please contact
me privately.  I'd love to share them with you and get
your feedback on architecture and interface design, as
well as get input on how to make the ideas/solutions even
better, stronger, faster, quicker to implement, etc.

Thank you for including me.
Now, back to fixing that bug.

-- Michael --