List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Company Development (Windows To Linux Solution)
From:       John Bleichert <syborg () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-10-10 14:24:55

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Bill Payne wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am looking for a solution for loading govenment word documents and to edit
> the form fields (check box and text edit fields), then print the document.
> Currently we are using OLE MS-Office on a Windows platform.

KOffice isn't quite there yet. Try OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org), free
and does a pretty good (although not bullet-proof) job with M$ Word forms.

> I was wondering if it is possible to access the documents in either C or C++
> and edit them as mentioned above in Linux Red Hat 8.

Sure, if you can get the Word document format API from Miscrosoft.

OpenOffice should be able to do what you're looking for.

HTH - JB

// John Bleichert
// syborg@earthlink.net