List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compile error - koffice/filters/kword/msword
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-28 12:06:16

On Sunday 28 September 2003 11:28, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 03:56 am, Werner Trobin wrote:
> > That's kind of "intended" for now:
> > Using wv2-0.1.9 you can compile KOffice CVS. If you are using wv2 CVS with
> > KOffice CVS you have to uncomment the "AM_CXXFLAGS = -DIMAGE_IMPORT" line
> > in filters/kword/msword/Makefile.am
> Could you roll the minor number in wv2, so I can write a simple configure
> check? Or do you want a check that tests for the behaviour?

Well, IMVHO it doesn't really make sense to have sophisticated tests or so.
Right now "normal" developers using KDE CVS HEAD don't have any problems. I
don't expect a lot of wv2 CVS users, so the current solution should be good
enough.

I'd like to avoid bumping the wv2 version number between releases because the
API isn't stable. I'd have to bump version + library version with every
incompatible change.

The one thing I'll try to maintain is to have the filter compile against the
latest release without changes and to provide some flag like the one in
Makefile.am mentioned above for the wv2 CVS version.

If you have convincing arguments why the current approach sucks I'd of course
change my mind :-))

Ciao,
Werner