List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: mimelnk entries conflict with openoffice
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-28 6:58:09

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 06:25 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2003 21:33, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > are those
> > [Property::X-KDE-NativeExtension]
> > entries in there essential for proper koffice function?
>
> It's not really essential. It simply makes the file dialog in KOffice
> append .sxw automatically when saving to an OO file.
> A small feature, not much lost if not there.
>
>From what I've seen, there is a fair percentage of people who don't understand
the concept of filename extensions.  So if they save an OOo file in KWord
without an extension and then try to open it in Windows, using Explorer, they
get very confused...

Cheers,
Clarence

--
KolourPaint - http://sf.net/projects/kolourpaint
LibMSWrite - http://sf.net/projects/libmswrite

"Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive."
-- Elbert Hubbard