List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    QFont::setStyleStragegy
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-14 19:50:33

I am currently very frustrated about QFont::setStyleStragegy

I had noticed that RTF files are imported mostly with bitmap fonts: Helvetica
and Times.

Thinking that a right QFont::setStyleStragegy would change something, I have
made the change in the RTF import filter. Result: nothing! Arial and Tahoma
still become Helvetica and Times New Roman still becomes Times.

So I start to understand why we were never able to disallow bitmap fonts in
KOffice (adding a style strategy in KoText will indeed not bring anything.)

I suppose that using qtconfig a few problems could be corrected. But which
user is going to do that. (In the tone: "But Konqy works fine, why I should
change my font substitution for KWord")

I am so frustrated that I will not bug Trolltech right now. (I need to calm
down to make an objective bug report.)  So if somebody (David?) wants to use
his contact to Troiltech first, please do!

This is really a problem that Qt4 should not have anymore.

Have a nice day!

PS.: perhaps somebody has some ideas to try...