List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Horizontal lines in KWord
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-13 13:22:34

I am not sure to understand your problem with CYMK but I can understand that
it is not so good for other reasons (bitmap versus vector.) It would have
been much better to find this problem much earlier when Laurent has started
the horizontal lines. :-(

As for integrating Karbon in KWord, it looks fine but the question is when it
will be done. Already now KWord 1.4 (including its filters) will need more
manpower than was available for KWord 1.3: to move to the OOWriter file
format and to port KoText to Qt4's text engine. So from where should the
additional manpower come from?

So I would prefer to have a solution now (in 2003) than having to wait on
KOffice 1.5 (in 2005).

Have a nice day!