List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    [RFC] Horizontal lines in KWord
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-11 19:39:15

I have found out that KWord's horizontal lines seem not to be quite finished.

For now it is only possible to have a red line. People would surely prefer a
black one. The insert dialog seems be able to offer more but the directory
koffice/kword/horizontalline is not proceeded and therefore not installed.

Also the single red line available do not save correctly, as it saves as
picture but without any binary data.

As the horizontal line was not in KWord 1.2.x, it is still the time to change
something.

So what I would choose as solution is to create a few line styles (not so
fancy ones like in OOWriter), all as PNG files:
- single black line (like <hr/> in (X)HTML)
- thick blak line
- single red line (for those who like the current behaviour.)

I would prefer to remove the current "simple line" completely. (Of course, if
the insert dialog would be documented in , it would have to stay. The entry
"simple line" would then simply select the simple black line.) Removing the
"simple line" permits to remove all special code linked to it (at least
outside the dialog).

Of course it is also still the time to remove the entire horizontal line
support (again: if not documented), but the problem is that the users seems
to want horizontal lines (bug #33824 for example.)

Have a nice day!