List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice developers' meeting questions
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-01 13:40:42

Sorry but I suppose that you mean reverse KOffice's OO filters but then I do
not understand why the OO import should be dropped. Are we not going to save
in the current KOffice file formats anymore? (This is not KOffice 1.0 file
format anymore. We have a few users since then.)

Also instead of reverting, I would urge to keep the current KOffice file
format inside the KOffice application until all the corresponding filters
have been ported to the OO file format. (Especially KWord<->OOWriter has
missing parts.)

The idea that I had was to use the X-KDE-Weight entries. Raise it to 2 for any
KOffice 1.3 formats. So the old and the new filters can be used together
until the old ones are not needed anymore.

Have a nice day!