List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kexi postgresql driver
From:       Adam Pigg <adam () piggz ! fsnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-07-15 19:44:00

Hi

Just to keep you updated, my main holdup (getting the table associated with a
result column, a la mysql->result[x]->table) has been solved with one tiny
(depending how you look at it :o) problem....it required version 3 of the
postgresql protocol, which, in laymans terms means my driver will require
postgresql >= 7.4, which as you may or may not know is not even in beta yet,
so im currenly getting things working form cvs versions.  I know this isnt an
ideal situation, but at the moment its all i can come up with.  Hopefully i
will have a new version of my driver by friday, this time it may even compile
and may even do something useful, you never know :o)

FYI The required function call is PQftable() available in libpq cvs, for those
interested the docs have been updated and can be viewed at
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/libpq-exec.html

C Ya

PiggZ
--